The very recipe i will posting on my blog is call Akara. It is a delicious meal that is made from black-eye beans.
Akara's are traditionally fried in palm oil but you can use half palm oil and half vegetable oil or replace it all together with vegetable oil. If you don't wish to remove the skins from the black eye beans simply puree them in a food processor thoroughly.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus 6-8 hours soaking of the beans
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
What you need.
* 250g black-eye beans
* 1 red chilli, finely chopped
* 1 onion small onion, chopped
* 150ml water
* maldon salt
* palm oil or vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Preparation: Pick over the black eye beans removing any bad ones. Soak the beans overnight in cold water.or for 5 mins
2. Rub the beans between the palms of your hands to remove the skins from the beans. Pour water over the beans rinse to,remove the skin and drain the beans thoroughly.
3. Place the beans with the chilies pepper and onions in a food processor and blend them to a, smooth paste. put the mixture into a bowl and add salt, spices and a little water to make it light gradually stir with a wooden spoon until you have a thick paste.
4. Heat the oil till smoke appears in a large saucepan.
5. Deep fry a tablespoon of the mixture at a time turn frequently on each side until they are golden brown. Drain the oil from the akara and serve with hot sauce or salt, as a snack, an appetizer, or a side dish.