Outlined below is a classic recipe on preparing egusi soup that all nigerian desire and relish.
Meat or fish (about 1 kg)
2 magi cubes
1 cup of ground egusi
2 cups or one medium branch of spinach.
- Boil the meat or fish until it is tender, and keep it aside.
- Chop the spinach if required.
- Ground the tomatoes, peppers and onions together (you will need to add some water).
- Place in a pot, add the meat, and the magi cubes, and about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, and the ground egusi, and the chopped spinach.
- Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add salt and ground pepper to taste.